1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
1 large egg
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
18 oreo cookies of any flavour (My favourite is to mix 1/2 chocolate oreo with 1/2 vanilla oreos)
1/2 cup M&M's or Smarties
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line and 8x8 baking pan (or 9x13 of double batch) with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray & set aside.
2. In a large microwave bowl, melt the butter (approx. 1min on high power). Set aside to cool for 2min.
3. Add the egg, brown sugar & vanilla to bowl with butter. Whisk until smooth.
4. Add the flour & stir until just combined (don't over mix)
5. Stir in the chopped oreo pieces.
6. Turn the batter out into the prepared pan & smooth the top lightly with a spatula.
7. Evenly sprinkle the M&M's or Smarties on top, lightly pressing them down with your finger or spatula.
8. Bake approx. 20-22min (or until done). If you prefer you cookies soft take out a few minutes early.
9. Allow bars to cool for at least 30min. before slicing. Bars will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week or in the freezer for 6 months.